Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Occasional Contributor ken4runner
Occasional Contributor

Change SOLVED to ANSWERED

Jump to solution

Wondering how hard it would be to change the default verbiage shown in lithium around resolving a thread.

Looks like out of the box, a thread that is resolved is labeled as SOLVED. This language seems a bit off for community threads. Solved to me seems more applicable for technical cases/issues, not so much of a good fit for community threads.  Communities are for questions. I think a better language for a resolved thread would be ANSWERED instead of SOLVED. Is there any way to change that for a lithium community? is it an easy change or a difficult change? 

6 Replies

Re: Change SOLVED to ANSWERED

Jump to solution

https://YOUR_STAGING_URL_HERE/t5/bizapps/page/tab/community%3Astudio%3Atext-editor

Staging Server > Studio > Text Editor. Search for the word(s) you want to change, copy/paste the key = word text into the Text Properties box at the bottom, change what you want, and save.

You'll find that things like Kudos and Accepted Solutions have a lot of keys and things to consider when changing text, but it is doable.

Occasional Contributor

Jump to solution

thank you, I am brand new to lithium (we just migrated our community to lithium) and I am currently just an end user. This sounds like it would not be bad / hard to do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

It’s super easy but as @BrianOblinger said you’ll find lots of different keys for solutions so be sure to change them all to avoid having the odd “solution” popping up. 

I changed solutions to best answer and kudos to likes. The latter had a big impact on like volume as kudo here in the I’m don’t mean much but everyone knows what a like is Smiley Happy 

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

@Fellsteruk wrote:

I changed solutions to best answer and kudos to likes. The latter had a big impact on like volume as kudo here in the I’m don’t mean much but everyone knows what a like is Smiley Happy 

I did the same, Kudos to Likes (I wish this was a OOTB option, one day maybe lol)

One thing to be mindful of is localization - if you are planning to have multiple languages, and speak English only like myself make sure your localization team is reviewing the phrasing so your multilingual users don't encounter bad grammar or sentence structure Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

We changed Kudos to Like and Solved to Most Helpful. 

As mentioned it's just a matter of changing a lot of text keys, but well worth it in my opinion.  I'm not sure Answered is the right term as to me that just means a question has got a reply. But agree that in a community of interest like ours, there is often more than one answer to a problem, which is why we went for Most Helpful.

Jason

Generic1.jpg

Occasional Contributor

Jump to solution

thanks for all the replies. very helpful!

0 Kudos