Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Organization Name via API

Hello all!

I am trying to find a Community member's organization through utilizing Lithium's available API's (either Bulk API or v2 API collections).

I know the "Organization Name" field is accessible through the User Reports within the Community Admin feature.  However, for my purposes, I am trying to retrieve this field via executing API.

I can't find where this field would be in the Developer Documentation, so if anyone has insight/experience with this, please help!

Thank you and much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies 3
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Organization Name via API

Hi @dreilly,

Is 'Org name' a custom field in the user's settings/profile page that the user is expected to input?

Did you try using this v1 API? -  /restapi/vc/users/id/<id>/ref

Thanks,
Srujana.

0 Kudos
Jennifer764
New Commentator

Mobdro

@dreilly wrote:

Hello all!

I am trying to find a Community member's organization through utilizing Lithium's available API's (either Bulk API or v2 API collections).

I know the "Organization Name" field is accessible through the User Reports within the Community Admin feature.  However, for my purposes, I am trying to retrieve this field via executing API.

I can't find where this field would be in the Developer Documentation, so if anyone has insight/experience with this, please help!

Thank you and much appreciated!

Did you try using this v1 API? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @dreilly,

try an APIv1 call similar to this:

/users/id/${uid}/settings/name/profile.biography

Try to replace profile.biography with the right value for your case.

Best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos