Lithosphere The Lithium Community

jomyke
New Commentator

Including Screenshots in Forums / Discussions Post

I just entered my first reply to a discussion post and attempted to paste in a screenshot which did nothing. Is this functionality not available?  Is it coming soon?  This feels very basic and am hoping our users will have this when we launch.  Thanks for any info on this!  FYI @cgrinton @Kmay 

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Including Screenshots in Forums / Discussions Post

Hi @jomyke,

It is sad that this functionality is currently not available. You have to click the 'Photos' icon in the RTE and upload the image/sceenshot into the post, or drag and drop the image file onto 'Choose File' as an attachment.

Thanks,
Srujana.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lithium Alumni (Retired) Lithium Alumni (Retired)
Lithium Alumni (Retired)

It’s coming! It’s on the list of improvements for the rich text editor.

jomyke
New Commentator

Thanks, @BeckyS!  Is there an estimated date yet for this one?  It doesn't have to be specific; just wondering in general what you guys are thinking - 1st half 2019, etc?

0 Kudos
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Thank GOD !  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

You CAN do this! It's not that obvious how to do it, but once you learn, it will save you a ton of time.

Basically:

(1) Take your screenshot, and make sure it's on your clipboard

(2) In your post on your Lithium community, bring up the photo-uploader

(3) In the photo-uploader modal window, click on the right side (the white bar), then click into the grey editor area. Then Cmd-V to paste

That's it! Your screenshot will paste in as an image, and you can add it to your post! Sometimes it takes me a couple rounds of clicking around the photo-upload modal to get it to work, but it does.

I took a tiny video to try and explain what I mean by clicking on the right side and then the editor area (uploading as a gif since I apparently can't upload videos here; hope it works!):

2018-11-16_10-22-03-1.gif

----
Caroline Sekar | Community Manager @ Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
Found this helpful? Please give me some kudos!
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

WOO HOO !!!!!  thank you !!!

Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Fantastic news, Thanks @BeckyS

0 Kudos
jomyke
New Commentator

Thanks for this alternative solution, Caroline!  While this is possible, if it's not intuitive, it kind of defeats the purpose as regular visitors will have no idea how to do this.  Looking forward to seeing a modern solution aligning to user expectations from by Lithium!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@jomyke wrote:

Thanks for this alternative solution, Caroline!  While this is possible, if it's not intuitive, it kind of defeats the purpose as regular visitors will have no idea how to do this.  Looking forward to seeing a modern solution aligning to user expectations from by Lithium!

Definitely agree that this isn't something that regular visitors will do; but it's handy for admins. Also looking forward to a better solution!

----
Caroline Sekar | Community Manager @ Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
Found this helpful? Please give me some kudos!