Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and experience with us all @JoeC. I always felt inspired and armed with more knowledge to be a better community manager (and person) after listening to you or reading your work.
I've also loved the opportunity to share a few meals with you over the years, hear your stories and swap experiences. You're a wonderful person and I trust you cherish this exciting next phase of your life, offering more time to be with the ones you love (and demolish an awful lot of books).
Please let me know if your new adventures ever bring you back to Australia.
... View more
Lots of scope to expand your metrics.
- You look at total members, but that's a number that is always going to increase. Better to concentrate on weekly/monthly registrations to make sure that is growing.
- Are you interested in average time on site/average session duration. Can be an indicator of engagement.
- Most sites report on unique visitors and pageviews. Many user's are lurkers and this helps capture their activity.
- User reports can also help you see the number of users who logged in during the week/month, and the number of users who posted during the week/month. Can tell a different story to other metrics.
- Registration conversion rate can be very interesting. Divide the number of registrations you received in a week/month by the number of new visitors to the site in that week/month.
- What content is most popular with your community? Top 10 posts by page views/kudos. Most shared posts, etc.
Hope that helps.
... View more