Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

"You Found It, we fixed it" as a series or one-offs..best practices?

Do you do regular, or irregular, "You Found It, we fixed it" content in your customer support community? If so, 

• How often do you create this? 
  • What level of detail do you go into on the finds/fixes?
  • Do you callout/tag community members or social users that raised the issue or otherwise helped?
  • Is it an open discussion, or read-only?

Any other best practices?

-Brien

-Brien

3 Replies
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: "You Found It, we fixed it" as a series or one-offs..best practices?

@BHall

I would suggest the below Strategy

• For best practice keep it on a regular interval like on a specific date in every month.
  • Keep your member aware of the release date so need to tag every member who raises the issues.
  • Keep it open so they can put their response to your fixes.
Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query
0 Kudos

Hi @BHall

We started doing something similar to this earlier in the year. We publish monthly release notes in our Community.  We broke it down in a few sections: New & Updated (Brand New Features, or small enhancements like moving a button around), You Asked, We Delivered (bug fixes, highly requested customer feedback items that were released), and Coming Soon. We are also testing out publishing a PDF version of some smaller changes to get to a more technical "Release Note" and see if our customers want that kind of information. 

We chose monthly because our product typically releases monthly. We post at the end of each month as a "re-cap" of sorts. We publish these as blog posts in the Community, and they are open discussions. We have seen som pretty good engagement around them, and are seeing some solid views coming in on the new content (which we normally see more of on historical (i.e. old as dirt) content). 

We go into a moderate level of detail. We're not giving away the full recipe, and sometimes we roll it up into "Made improvements to flow" or something generic; however, wherever we can, we try to give more info to our customers and be transparent. 

We also do not tag any members in the post that asked for a fix or brought up an issue. What we will do is circle back with them (via social channels and Community threads) and let them know that this is now resolved/fixed/added. We'll link back to the Release Notes to give them some more info & also hope to get them seeing the other wonderful things that were released that month. You can see the first few post under this link are the new release notes, if you want to see a few live examples. We've learned some things and made some changes along the way since we started, and we are trying to get feedback directly from our members on what to include. 

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you want any further detail, happy to discuss more. It took us some time to get to this point, and while we may not be 100% where we want to be, we are getting closer with every newly published version. 

Samantha O'Connor
Community Manager
ashleighmpink
New Commentator

Thanks for sharing so much detail, Samantha! I just came across this thread and it's so helpful to hear how others are handling it. Also, thanks for including a link so we can see your examples in "real life". Appreciate it!

0 Kudos