Lithosphere The Lithium Community

DmitryNikolaev
New Commentator

Salesforce: Comments synchronization or work with API

Hello,

I am setting up a Salesforce Connector for Lithium. As I understand, comments are not synchronized at the moment. Instead, there is a special VF page (LTI_CaseThreadMessages_vfp) that shows the content of the thread right within a Salesforce Case layout. One of the requirements for the integration I have is that the workflow for working with Community cases should be as close to the usual workflow with Case Comments as possible.

So, I am going to create a piece of code that will synchronize comments from a Lithium thread to the corresponding Salesforce case. I suppose that there are two possible solutions:

1. Use the LIA_API_Event platform event object.

2. Use the Lithium API to get new comments.

Please suggest which one should I use, or whether there is a better way. Also, please give me any tips about using the suggested approach. For example, for the second option, I need to know when to trigger the synchronization code.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Highlighted
Lithium Staff VimalGa
Lithium Staff

Re: Salesforce: Comments synchronization or work with API

@DmitryNikolaev 

Can you elaborate more on what workflows are you trying to enable with Community Cases which needs to be closer to Case Comments?

LIA_API_Event serves a very specific task in our package & cannot be used for this use case. 

So using the Lithium API seems like a more feasible solution. 

We can answer the synchronization trigger when we can learn your workflow & how you want custom interaction with it. 

0 Kudos
DmitryNikolaev
New Commentator

Re: Salesforce: Comments synchronization or work with API

Hello,

I want to have all a Lithium topic's posts be comments in the related Salesforce case. It is needed to create a comment with the corresponding text in the SFDC case immediately or short after a new post appears on the topic.

I do not want to use the special VF page provided by Lithium to read these posts because it introduces new workflows for the team and, therefore, makes the general workflow more complex. Besides, the current approach does not allow changing the status of a case related to an updated topic and triggering SFDC notifications.

0 Kudos