Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Retired User Rank

Jump to solution

I am creating a "Retired" rank for users within our community who are no longer with the company, but whose content shouldn't be removed.

Can anyone advise on what rank position this should have? Should it be in position 1?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Retired User Rank

Jump to solution

Hi @Nava_Schneider,

Are you assigning a role to all such users who are no longer with the company? I think the rank position doesn't matter as long as it is tied to a role. 

Thanks,
Srujana.

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @Nava_Schneider: As you are going to assign "Reteried" rank to all the required users manually and  assuming you are not adding any formulas. I think you can place this rank at the last position.

Hope it will work Smiley Happy

If my post is helpful and answers your question, please give "Kudos" and "Accept it as a Solution."

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Illindra

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi! 

When I did this, I made it rank position #1 so that trumps all other ranks - that way, I don't have to remove the other roles from the user & they'll still display the "Alumni" rank / icon. Though, now that I'm thinking about it, my reporting would be more accurate if I removed the "Employee" role when granting people "Alumni" - if I did that, it wouldn't matter where in the rank ladder it was, I don't think.

Cheers!

----
Caroline Sekar | Community Manager @ Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
Found this helpful? Please give me some kudos!
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

I assign former employees a role first - and that grants the retired rank (which is #1 in our ranking list) which removes all other employee roles for that user.

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Community Manager @ National Instruments

Jump to solution

Thanks @lilim!

Did you find a way to automatically remove all other roles from the user, or did you have to enter each manually when creating the rank?

It would be cool if there was a "remove all" options, or something like that. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

No, unfortunately I had to type in all of the applicable roles into the "remove" field for the rank.

It would be great to have an option to remove all roles in this context. Feel free to submit an idea to Product Ideas! Cat Happy

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Community Manager @ National Instruments