Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

File size limits

Jump to solution

I inherited mangement of our Lithium community recently so I don't have history.   Our maximum file upload size is set to 25MB.  I have a request from a group within the company that hosts their documentation on our site to increase that to 50MB.  

• Is there any reason you can think of not to increase it?
  • Does it create any performance issues in the system?
  • I'm not aware of what our contract says, but is there a cost factor involved to increase file size?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.  - Kim

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: File size limits

Jump to solution

@kgroneman

• I'm not aware of what our contract says, but is there a cost factor involved to increase file size?  - There is no cost for increasing the attachment size. You can raise a ticket to lithium support for this, they will do it for free. 
  • Is there any reason you can think of not to increase it?
  • Does it create any performance issues in the system?

Below post might be helpful for above two points. 

https://community.lithium.com/t5/Customer-Connection/Recommended-attachment-file-size/m-p/7837#M2626

Give kudos if you find my posts helpful or mark solution if it answers your query.
Tariq
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Cost isn't a consideration then, so as for that thread you pointed me to, that helps but I wonder if it's still relevant since the thread is from 2010?   Is there anyone else out there reading this that hosts files and has an opinion?   

--
Community manager in the Micro Focus Community. My computer always used to beat me at chess, but it is no match for me now I changed the competition to kick boxing.
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Jump to solution

I talked with the support folks.  75MB is the current upper limit.  No impact unless there are a  bunch of people trying to download a file that big at the same time.  FYI.

--
0 Kudos
sungmi
New Commentator

Jump to solution

Thank you for helping

0 Kudos
sungmi
New Commentator

Jump to solution

It really helpful to me.