Lithosphere The Lithium Community

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

EU Copyright Directive - Article 13, Your Thoughts....

Hey Everyone, 

My GDPR scars are still healing and this seems like salt in my wounds.... I must admit, I've only just become aware of this proposed change and whilst its yet to be law (Final vote in the EU planned for Jan next year) from my understanding it appears to have the potential to have a devastating impact on small content providers like our members.

I was wondering, what if any thought you guys have given to how this, If passed, would impact how you work across your social media channels and within your community after all we're all providers of platforms which live or die by UGC and to my knowledge Lithium dont have any content identification software which places a lot of responsibility on our doors as brands to identify and remove copyright infringement. 

Interesting video that explains this better than I could:

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

2 Replies
Honored Contributor

Re: EU Copyright Directive - Article 13, Your Thoughts....

Thanks for sharing the video. I had seen it floating around, but I ignored it because of the silly thumbnail. It's actually quite informative.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

----------------------------------

Lili McDonald
Community Manager @ National Instruments

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: EU Copyright Directive - Article 13, Your Thoughts....

Yeah the video looks a little goofy but of all the ones i've watched this one does a better job of explaining the situation and kind of makes light ish of a potentially bad situation. 

Stephen

My latest Ideas: Vanity URL Manager l @mention Roles l  LSW Password Policy

0 Kudos